Altadena Crest Trail Restoration Working Group (ACTRWG) Steering Committee
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
7:00 P.M. at Altadena Community Center (730 E. Altadena Drive)
0. Introductions for new attendees.
1. Desired adjournment time for this meeting?
2. Decision on meeting Secretary & Recorder of Action Items.
3. Review Minutes and Action Items from last meeting.
4. County / City / U.S. Government Announcements of any items not covered later on agenda. Sussy Nemer / Field Deputy for LA County Supervisor Antonovich; Ken Slu / Senior Manager LA County Chief Executive Office; Olga Ruano or Catherine Ricci / Park Planner, Special Trails Projects, County Parks & Recreation; Pasadena / TBD; Dennis Merkel / USFS Recreation Staff Officer
5. Any serious new trail conditions or problems requiring immediate attention (firsthand reports strongly preferred; photos much appreciated)?
6. Current Tasks
A. Re-grading to new County standards for erosion control on vulnerable ACT segments before predicted major El Nino winter. Robert Staehle/ACTRWG, Olga Ruano or Catherine Ricci/LA County
B. Emergency acquisition of bear-proof food boxes for 5 sites in Millard Cyn Campground. Lori Paul, John Grancich, Dennis Merkel. Recent “bear encounters” due to unsecure food puts campers, trail users, and bears at risk. Update: Scout installation of first bear locker; plans for individual site lockers?
C. Any update re: New fence erected along ~200-foot segment of ACT above Windfall Ave (E of Rubio Gap and Stonehill? Fence blocks obstructs drainage culverts and the view to south from the trail. Olga Ruano or Catherine Ricci/LA County, Dennis Merkel/USFS
D. DPW Devil’s Gate Reservoir (Hahamamongna Watershed Park) / ACT Trailhead / Recreation impacts? Arroyo Seco Foundation LItigation? Marietta Kruells or Lori Paul
E. Status of proposed 18 New Homes (so-called “La Vina II”) on school site, though developer has failed to build the required public trail (restoration of the ACT). Marietta Kruells or Lori Paul
F. La Vina litigation resolved: update & resumption of trail planning. See “C” above. Olga Ruano or Catherine Ricci
G. Rubio Cyn Gateway trail planning status / discussion with AFC. Olga Ruano or Catherine Ricci/LA County
H. Update on locked Pinecrest Gate. Mitch Marich or Paul Ayers
7. Other Old Business
8. Other New Business
9. Review of Task List for next meeting
10. Upcoming Events: The next ACTRWG meeting falls on Tuesday, 2015 November 10 (2nd Tuesday of each month, unless cancellation is announced, 7pm at the Altadena Community Center).