Altadena Crest Trail Restoration Working Group (ACTRWG) Steering Committee
Tuesday, January 10, 2017 DRAFT Minutes
Altadena Community Center
Attendess: Robert Staehle, Lori Paul, Robert Ettleman (Los Angeles County), Steve Messer, Marietta Kruells, Aron Tschida (Boy Scouts).
- Desired Adjournment time for this meeting? Called to order at 7:07 pm. Desired adjournment at 8:15 pm.
- Decision on meeting Secretary & recorder of action items. Steve Messer will serve as secretary.
- Review Minutes and action items from December meeting. Approved with a note to differentiate Robert E. and Robert S when referenced in the minutes.
- County/City/U.S. Government announcements:
- Any serious new trail conditions or problems.
- Current Tasks
- Objectives for 2017 prioritized by the group:
High priority, but expensive/complicated projects:
i. Construct La Vina Trails
ii. Construct Rubio Canyon Gateway trails
iii. Re-Grading to new County standards on vulnerable trail segments
High priority, inexpensive/easier projects:
iv. Restore Crib Trail Segment N. of Gymnasium
v. Restore driveable-in-emergency fire road from Millard Campground to the top of Lincoln Ave.
vi. Remove encroachment at 3636 Skylane Drive on Canon
vii. Get 200’ fence removed from segment of ACT above Windfall Ave
viii. Create well-marked and publicized trail hub/junction in Hahamongna Watershed Park. Possibility of doing it as an Eagle Scout project.
Lower Priority and ongoing projects:
ix. Acquire Easement to close Skylane Gap from Penny’s barn to Fair Oaks Ave (through Zorthian property)
x. Restore driveable-in-emergency Brown Mountain fire road from top of Lincoln to Arroyo Seco ranger residenceRemove “dropped” (abandoned) pipe on Chaney Trail, from Coulter reservoir to Chaney Trail. Does not have a County easement, unknown if it is
xi. Remove “dropped” (abandoned) pipe on Chaney Trail, from Coulter reservoir to Chaney Trail. Does not have a County easement, unknown if it is a FS trail
xii. Dying Coulter Pines at the Loma Alta staging area.
xiii. Sign trails for “no hunting”
xiv. Open Pinecrest gate to the public 24/7
xv. Restore water amenities and trough at West. Coulter Reservoir
- Other Old Business.
- Other New Business.
- Review of task list for the next meeting.
Task List carried from previous meeting: Lori will call Graham about LAWC pipeline. Robert E. to look for Skylane gap easement in Sapphos report. Marietta will connect Arron and Rosa to discuss Hahamonga Hub. Suggest attending Hahamonga Watershed Park Advisory Council meeting.
- Upcoming events: The next ACTRWG meeting falls on Tuesday, February 14, 2017. On Wednesday, January 18 in the Donald Wright Auditorium of the Pasadena Central Library, the Arroyo Seco Foundation will hold a public meeting to examine the County’s Hahamongna big dig plan and the issues involved in the lawsuit.
- Adjourned at: 8:12